Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi From Canada

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 abeanie

abeanie

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

I live in Ontario Canada and though I've had past experience helping others with malware, it has been so long that I am totally out of touch with the nasties. I decided to join and try to find out what is wrong with my computer because what I once knew quite well is no longer helpful for anyone including myself. I have been involved with computers since the 1980's, starting off with the long gone Commodor 64. I moved up as things changed to a 386, 486 then Pentium class computers. I once was on top of all the new hardware available but in the past few years the only upgrading I've done was to network my 3 computers. I expect I will enjoy being a member here! :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:17 PM

Hey there, abeanie, and welcome to BC! :flowers:

Canadian, eh? Well, I'm from California. Both places start with the letters C and A. We're practically family! Seeing as we're such close relations, you wouldn't mind lending me a couple hundred dollars, right? Right? :trumpet: :thumbsup:

#3 abeanie

abeanie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

ROFLOLWTIME LOLOL :thumbsup: Thanks for the welcome Amazing Andrew nice to meet U2. :flowers:

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

Well, as far as that goes, Chicago begins with a C, and ends with an O, so I suppose that counts as family too.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 spete

spete

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:24 PM

Hello,
I don't have any Cs in my current address - Plymouth, Mass. I did go to school for a "year" in Ottawa. What part of Ontario are you from.
I started with a commodore 64, then a tandy 1000hx, 286, etc. I started taking apart and "upgrading" with the tandy. But, that had more to do with building Healthkits than with understanding computers. Reading the introductions, I get a sense that most of the people who join like what they do and are willing to help out. A good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users