Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keyboard issues!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SeMmSem

SeMmSem

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:07 AM

Im trying to enter to the BIOSetup but i discovered that my keyboard is not working during start up .
any idea how to solve this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

Use a ps2 keyboard. :thumbsup:

#3 SeMmSem

SeMmSem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

may i know whays a ps2 keyboard ?

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

It's a keyboard that uses a ps2 connection instead of usb. It will allow you to enter your bios setup program if your system cannot do it using a usb keyboard. Pic here. Even if your computer is newer, it still most likely has the available connections (1 mouse, 1 keyboard) on the back of the system. Nothing special need be done. Just power off, disconnect your usb keyboard, connect the ps2 keyboard and power back up.
BTW, make sure you plug it in the keyboard port and not the mouse port. Should be labeled back there. :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 01 May 2009 - 01:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users