Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to access the internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mezzuzah2000

mezzuzah2000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:20 AM

I have recently and appear to still be infected with the aforementioned virus. I ran SpyBot, ADware SE, AVG and McAfee to try and rid myself of it. Both McAfee and AVG detected it but were unable to remove it totally. AVG put in the vault but in doing so I am no longer able to access the Internet. The browser opens put comes back as unable to detect server. As I cannot get the help from the Internet for my own PC here I am at work hoping for the best. I also tried to do a "restore" with no positive results. Thank you for your anticipated help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:03 PM

Probably just little bits of of the virus in startup, and registry.

download Hijack This from this sites downloads section. Put it in its own directory such as C:\program files\Hijack this

Run it, select scan and save log, then copy and paste your hijack this log into the hijack this log analyzation forums.

A hijack this team member or coach will assist you.

Edited by Techsomething, 22 June 2005 - 12:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users