Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Update Readiness Tool

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bv202

Bv202

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:50 AM

Hi,

Some (like 1-2) updates won't install for some reason and Windows Update recommended me the System Update Readiness Tool.

This is the log it made:
CheckSUR.persist.log

=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Version 6.0.6001.22275
2009-02-12 16:47

Checking Deployment Packages

Checking Package Manifests and catalogs.

Checking package watchlist.

Checking component watchlist.

Checking packages.

Checking component store
(f) CSI Manifest and S256H Do Not Match 0x00000000 WinSxS\Manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-i..nternetcontrolpanel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16809_none_8d5c6dd054a9dde3.manifest x86_microsoft-windows-i..nternetcontrolpanel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16809_none_8d5c6dd054a9dde3

Checking SMI Store
Summary:
Milliseconds: 879505
Found 1 errors
CSI Manifest and S256H Do Not Match Total Count: 1
Customer Experience report successfully uploaded. Thank you for participating. For more information, see the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program on the Microsoft web site.

=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.0.6001.22375
Package Version 5.0
2009-05-01 10:32

Checking Deployment Packages

Checking Package Manifests and catalogs.

Checking package watchlist.

Checking component watchlist.

Checking packages.

Checking component store
Summary:
Seconds executed: 854
No errors detected
Customer Experience report successfully uploaded. Thank you for participating. For more information, see the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program on the Microsoft web site.

So did it actually fix that found error? If so, what kind of error was that? Or is there anything else I should do?

Edited by Bv202, 01 May 2009 - 03:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

The important question is, did they install?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Bv202

Bv202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:48 AM

Ow, I actually forget this thread... :$

Well, yes and no..
After this, I've tried to install the updates again. And yes, they (finally) installed. After rebooting, the same updates were listed again, even though there was a successful message. I've tried to install them again and they immediatly 'installed' and disappeared from the list.

Good, I thought it was successful. The updates I'm talking about were a service pack for the .NET Framework 3.5. After installing, I opened Visual Basic 2008 and as soon as I tried to open up a project or create a new one, I get a message "invalid signature" or something like that.
Same problem with Visual c#.

I've rebooted, tried to re-install the update (manual download), re-installed Visual Studio, removed the .NET Framework completely,... nothing worked. At the end, I did a system restore to turn back the update installation. Now everything works again, but the updates are still not installed.

I won't try this again... I'll leave that SP for what it is :huh:

Edited by Bv202, 03 May 2009 - 05:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users