Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Boot Help?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Its_calvin

Its_calvin

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:21 AM

Like an idiot I used MoveOnBoot http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Boot-M...oveOnBoot.shtml to delete the system.32 pertinent file on start up because i couldnt delete it normally. So now i get this error when booting up Windows.
"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt<windows root>\system32 hal.dll"
I have a boot disk and have tried using the console recover along with a couple of commands (bootfix etc.) but still have this problem.
I am also worried that once this file is restored, MoveOnBoot will delete again on next startup. Please help. I appreciate it immensely!.

Edited by Its_calvin, 01 May 2009 - 01:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:33 AM

:flowers:

Try Booting into Safe Mode, by tapping F8 on start up, select Safe Mode, once in Delete your Problem, then try System Restore to a Date prior to installing it?

Post back.

:thumbsup:

#3 Its_calvin

Its_calvin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:36 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Abacus.
But you see the problem is when i try to boot Windows normally or in Safe Mode is when i receive the error message.
Boot with Last Known Configurations That Workd and the others options will not work either.

Thanks

#4 Its_calvin

Its_calvin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:46 AM

Is there anyway you can just reinstall the file?

#5 Its_calvin

Its_calvin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:52 AM

Sorry i know im being impatient.
but please can somebody help me.

#6 Its_calvin

Its_calvin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:03 AM

bleepit

#7 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:11 AM

:thumbsup:

Is there a way for you to get access to another Computer, download the File onto a USB Drive and try to install it?

You could try Booting to last known Good Set Up?

This may Help?

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/howto-18.html

I have this on my Machine although it is XP Home and it works fine for me.

:flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users