Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows is acting erratic.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fht

fht

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

Recently my Toshiba Satellite computer has been acting erratic. The computer is a Toshiba running Windows XP Pro and service pack 2, Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz and 2.00GB of RAM. I use SystemSuite 9 for firewall, anti virus and spy ware protection. I've run SystemSuite scans, but that has not eliminanted the problems.
I have intermittent program shutdowns and lose of all program links ( I have to restart the system to do anything ), also the system restore no longer works. Lastly web search redirects. it became quite obvious when I searched for information on chkdisk.dll or autochk.dll. When try to link to Bleepingcomputer.com with those entries in the search I'm redirected to different web sites.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users