Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I have a virus but can't find anything.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TennisGeek

TennisGeek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

Hello,
I'm new to the forums so bear with me if I accidentally omit information or misname certain names.

I have visited a site for tennis match viewing that I have seen operating for a while and then something very strange happened. I'm using Avira AntiVir Personal, the software went crazy informing me that I have been infected at least ten times. I have seen it make mistakes before so it took me a while before I realized this is the real thing. Two of the recurring infections were podmena and futu.exe. I thought it had something to do with me using IE 7 so I upgraded it, and then restored my computer to a week before. I also upgraded to Firefox 3. Problems: dwwin wouldn't stop popping up with windows recovering from a serious error, until I ended the process, and sysguard appeared on my computer. By the second or third re-boot I didn't have any visible problems with the exception that I cannot enable Antivir. However, Firefox started working really slowly when a new site was presented to it. I can't shake the feeling that I have an invisible virus, or spyware on my computer and it's just waiting to do harm. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JustinHoMi

JustinHoMi

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:52 PM

I think it would be a good idea to run more virus scans with alternate software. I've seen Avira detect some crazy stuff, but then not be able to completely fix it. Try running the typical tools (superantispyware, malware bytes). You could also use a rescue cd:

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/1...st-rescue-disk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users