Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ink jet printers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ltdave

ltdave

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

im not sure exactly where to post this so im going to guess this forum is okay...

my parents are getting a computer! theyre both in their late 70s and my mom wants to be able to see her digital pics before getting them printed...

well they want to get a printer as well but im kind of leery about getting them an ink jet because the last ink jet i had SUCKED the ink down. even in fast print mode that was supposed to save ink...

i used to have an HP 722 that was pretty frugal but it stopped pulling paper in from the feed tray, hence the reason i changed. i run 95% of my printing thru a brother B/W laser printer but i think they will be put off by the price of a color laser printer...

are there any recommendations for an ink jet that provides some longevity to its inks that are as costly as a good laser?

i realize there will probably be lots and lots of favorites but maybe i can get a general consensus on something suitable...

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mvsoper99

mvsoper99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

It's my opinion that ANY ink jet printer is going to suck ink (at least all that I have owned did) particularly if printing photos. Several retailers (Walgreen's for one) offer economical ink cartridge refill services but they are not able to refill all brands, you may want to find out which they can refill and use that as a guide for brand/model selection.

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:02 AM

I recently bought the Kodak ink jet printer, the one you see on TV. I've used it for printing photo's, scanning, and copying and been very happy with it. The cartridges last an OK time, I have not replaced one, yet, and only cost $15 for color, $10 for black. You might want to check into them and see if that's what you're looking for.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users