Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSAS Beta 1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jaybee

jaybee

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:30 AM

:thumbsup: I have a question concerning the expiration date of MSAS. I have been reading another forum (CNet) http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6132-0.html?f...ssageID=1256004
and some over there said that they have been receiving updates of the program with expiration dates in December, others have checked for updates and nothing. their program expires in July as mine does. I cannot see an update either. The MS site has the Beta program update as of February and that is the one I have. Has anyone here had this going on with theirs?
Thank you. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jaybee

jaybee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:31 PM

alrighty then.... more info....

"If you are running the Microsoft Antispyware Beta software to fight against trojan and spyware programs you probably know that the first version will expire 31 July 2005.

This morning I was surprised to see a notification on my desktop informing of an updated version being available. I immediately downloaded this update and installed. The new version is Microsoft AntiSpyware 1.0.613 and it now expires in 31 December 2005. The latest spyware definition file available is version 5727.

Interesting I talked to other people and no one noticed this notification, and when I tried to look for updates on my Tablet PC it did not report any.

Perhaps Microsoft is releasing this update to small number of users to avoid high network traffic?

Keep an eye on this and update your defences..."

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4706

#3 jaybee

jaybee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:31 PM

for any interested people, it seems I asked, received no answers here, searched and searched and produced this, so thought i would let you people here know...perhaps to shed a little light on the subject to those wo whom obviously don't know here!

Micro$oft Watch on MSAS expiration date extension.

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:17 AM

Thanks for sharing what you found jaybee.

If you've reviewed the MSAS thread here you'll see we've all been waiting for some definitive news from M$ about this program.

regards,
Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 jaybee

jaybee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Mic...tml#entry130586 :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users