Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

s-video output to tv

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bhardini

bhardini

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:50 PM

I thought it would be as simple as connecting an s-video cable from the graphics card to my tv but i cannot get the signal on the tv, what gives? furthermore, please forgive my ignorance, but i thought that maybe i needed to enable a device. so from the manage devices i selected from a drop down menu; to enable the analog tv device and search for a driver on the web. i then got a "bluescreen" which shutdown my system repeatedly untill the device was disabled! i am guessing this is a terrible conceptual error. Can somene set me straight?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:43 AM

Hi bhardini.
You need to configure both the television's video input and your computers video output to work together.
Start by making sure your television video input is set to use the svideo connection on the correct channel (video1, video2, etc) via the setup menu on the tv itself. Your manual should tell you how to do this. You must also know the resolutions your tv is capable of displaying and set your computers video s output resolution accordingly or you will get nothing on the screen as well. Finally, you'll need to make sure your computers video card\system is configured to actually use the tv as a monitor.
If all this sounds confusing (it's usually very simple), please post make and model of tv and video card you're using.
You didn't give us much to go on. :thumbsup:

#3 bhardini

bhardini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

thanks i'll take another crack at it and see what i can come up with. i know that it should be simple. if i can't get it i'll be sure to post the appropriate info.

#4 bhardini

bhardini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:32 PM

got it to work thank you it was easy. i just needed to know i wasn't overooking something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users