Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about making recovery disk

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ilovelandonnrick

ilovelandonnrick

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hey guys,
I bought my computer in 2003 and that thing keeps popping up saying create recovery disks. So I am creating them now. OS my question is my computer already has problems it has viruses and svchost error. If i try to use these disk to fix my computer will the virus/ errors be on it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

System and manufacturer?

That sounds like a question that they ought to answer...since I don't believe there is any standard format for these recovery/restore disks/partitions.

I would guess that it depends on what files are taken from your hard drive...and what files are taken from other possible sources (hidden partition and/or recovery partition on original hard drive).

Louis

#3 ilovelandonnrick

ilovelandonnrick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:01 PM

Its windows xp i believe. Im not sure what files it is taking.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

Manufacturer...such as Dell, Gateway, eMachine, Compaq, HP and others.

Model...such as Latitude 35, T3232, Presario 123 and others.

The manufacturer and the model are usually displayed on the outside of the system...in prominent view.

Louis

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:29 AM

From a PM I received: sr1620nx compaq preasrio.

Note: PMs are not meant...to convey/conduct forum business. If anyone has any information or questions to convey to me...please, just make a proper post in the forum.

The forum has the benefit of many eyes and ears...and is much more appropriate for helping users with valid information...than a PM.

This page may be of some help to you: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=1127351

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users