Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

scrnrdr.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 mauricio carvajal

mauricio carvajal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

hi, I had instaled a Vista Transformation Pack 9.0 for my Windows XP but It begins to show the same mistake tha say Jaredw:

my computer up; saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." and then another window pops up saying "Could not execute the external program C:\WINDOWS\system32\scrnrdr.exe". A short while after AVG shows a warning about a suspected trojan virus with the file "scrnrdr.exe".

I have read a bit on it and it seems to be caused by an update from AVG that messed the Vista Transformation Pack up because it was running fine before hand but to be totally honest I'm just sick of all of it and just want to get rid of the Transformation pack but when i try to uninstall the application it comes up with the messages above saying it cannot be accessed etc. I also tried removing it through "Add/Remove programs" tool in the control panel but that came to the same conclusion...

I want to know how I can solve this troble Thanks
(sorry my english is not good)

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

Sorry, You have not followed our instructions here > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

The log you posted from AVG is not what we want.
Please follow the instructions in the above link and post anew.
We need a DDS log or HJT log.

This thread is closed.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users