Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webroot anti-virus and antispyware problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 d_rok

d_rok

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

Hi, since I bought my laptop a couple of years ago I've used Trend micro antivirus and webroot spysweeper. Two weeks ago I decided to drop Trend Micro since their scans took an hour and a 45 min. I decided to add webroot's anti-virus to my already existing subcription and unistall Trend Micro. Since that day I've had trouble getting webroot to do it's automatic updates and Ive noticed that when I log off or shut down my computer, windows security will pop up and say that my anti virus and anti spyware program is not turned on. It will also do this when I log on and I will have to turn it on manually. I have checked and my automatic updates are turned on and always have been, that problem im not concernd about since i was able to get it working again. The real problem is that webroot is turning off when im exiting, ive never had this happen until i upgraded. When I contacted webroot they pretty much gave me the run around. So 5 e-mails later they tell me to download SSCCleanup.exe to unistall and then re-install webroot. When I started to run the SSCCleanup.exe windows showed that the publisher was unkown, should I trust this program?(that's my main question). Also Since I unistalled Trend Micro my computer has been really slow to startup, is Trend Micro one of those programs that will copy itself to the memory if you try to unistall it and cause problems like the problems Im having with the computer slowing down and webroot issues? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 d_rok

d_rok
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:38 AM

I guess I should add that I have ran my WAVAS in regular and safe mode, and I still haven't found anything. I did read an article on PCmag.com about webroot and they were saying it should only take about 45 min for a scan, but it takes longer on malware-infested systems. My full scans take around an hour and 20 min. Could I have a virus thats causing these problems? I checked the forums for startup programs and it seems that everything I'm running at startup is ok. So..... still no help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users