Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help - can't find my work!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hcafclaura

hcafclaura

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

I'm currently in the middle of doing uni coursework, I've been doing it at home and uni. On Monday I sent my work home (a microsoft word document) via hotmail. I've opened the work today, did some more, and pressed save, without thinking, then closed the document. Where the hell will it have saved to? I'm using vista if thats any help.

Please help, I'm currently in panic mode!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 r1ckym

r1ckym

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:41 AM

It would've went to your Documents Folder. Go Start>Documents

Also do a search if not there if you know what you named the document

#3 hcafclaura

hcafclaura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

No, it hasn't

I don't know if I explained very well. I opened it from hotmail, didn't save it anywhere, just opened it. I wrote some more, then just pressed 'save' instead of save as. I then closed the document.

I've tried everything I can think of, it's not looking good.

#4 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

If you opened it from your Hotmail and clicked Save in the Document, I'd assume it went to your Downloads Folder, Have you checked there?

I'm sure I did something similar once before with one of my Documents.

Start > "Username" > Downloads

#5 mhorton10

mhorton10

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:35 AM

Worst case, ue the Search function in Windows and look for that file. It will turn up. Then, once you have it, save it to My Documents or somewhere you know that it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users