Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

strange pc problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:44 AM

Guys, why when i put a cd on my cd-rom everytime the pc turn off immediately. Sometimes w/out cd, i just open the cd-rom then when i closed it, the pc turn off. What is the caused of this? And very often its hard to turn on the computer. I always tap the turn on button of the pc until it starts. turn . My motherboard is ECS P4M890T, cd-rom is 52x max, Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.6ghz, 512mb ddr2 kingston physical ram, NVIDIA GeForce
7300 SE/7200 GS video card, 350 W power supply, seagate hard disk 80gb, 17 inch crt monitor, and speaker. Running Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2. Thats all the information you may need to help me.
I hope somebody can help me, thanks.

Edited by theinvulnerable, 30 April 2009 - 03:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:59 AM

:flowers:

I would get that Power Supply Unit checked out, Mate.

Sounds like the best place to start and do it soon, when they go they can Fry things very quick.

Local Computer Shop would do it easily for you.

Upgrading PSU would take quite a Load off it. 350W is just a bit low for what you are running.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Abacus 7, 30 April 2009 - 05:02 AM.

#3 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

But why only the video card temp so high. Look at this:

Posted Image

That temp i took after i shutdown the computer about an hour of rest. So it was idle at that time, when you look at other temp its not too high isn't it? Then when i'm on gaming it went up to 75 degrees celcius, I wonder why the video card only has high temperature this days, unlike before last month when we turn on the pc from an hour of rest. The temp of videocard is just 54 degree celsius. Even if this pc running everyday almost 23hours. All the fans are working fine, but we don't have aircondition. The pc running with his aluminum case.

Edited by theinvulnerable, 01 May 2009 - 12:39 AM.

#4 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:00 AM

:flowers:

Put quite simply your PSU does not generate enough Power to run your Video Card properly.

You should have at least a 450W for a Video Card of your size. Too little Power will cause Electronics to overheat as can too much, as in a Power surge.

I suggest you invest in a 450W PSU.

:thumbsup:

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:26 AM

I concur, you need a better PSU.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users