Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I Infected Yet Again?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aland08

aland08

• Members
  • 210 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

Hi,

I am not sure if these are false positives or not. One of the supposed infections pertaining to the hpuninstaller was detected on both of my computers as they both have the same hp printer software installed. The infection pertaining to "restore" was almost exactly the same infection found once before, as seen in the screen shot, but was deleted as were the restore points. The other possible infection is also related to hpuninstaller. MBAM & SuperAS are clean. I cannot practice much safer internet and also have Spywareblaster installed. Do these seem to be false p's? See the screenshots in the link below as Avast does not allow me to simply copy the logs, hence the screenshots.

Thanks,

Alan

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=979755d...04e75f6e8ebb871

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,461 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

Looks like FPs to me. Try updating avast and scanning again. Also may want to try a scan using kaspersky's online av program:

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

In the future when posting images, please use a service like photobucket.com and then put the images directly in the post. It was a pain viewing the photos online using mediafire.

#3 aland08

aland08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 210 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:09 PM

Thanks Lawrence! I wouldn't normally be so concerned with my AV detecting something but considering the various issues of late, albeit none of which seemed to amount to much, I thought it best to double-check.

Alan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users