Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sisterrita

sisterrita

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:26 PM

:thumbsup: For the 3rd time in 2 months I have received the following message: (copied word for word)

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as cashing or shadowing. If you remove or disable components restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options and then select safe Mode.

Technical Information:
STOP: OX000000D1 (OXOOOOOOO6, OXOOOOOOO2, OXOOOOOOOO, OXF72DF508)

NDIS.sys-Address F72DF508 base at F72dc000, date Stamp 48025d03.

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical dump complete.
Contact system administrator or tech support for further assistance.

This sounds serious to me, I have not added or downloaded anything new for quite some time. Can you tell me what is wrong and how to fix?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:55 AM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=S...mp;aq=f&oq=

I suggest finding a scenario similar to yours...and seeing what steps were taken, if any, to resolve the situation. The variety of situations in which these STOP error messages occur...make it unlikely that any one solution fits every situation.

Louis

#3 sisterrita

sisterrita
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

thanks, will give it a go. I have used a computer for years but I'm not really the brightest when its comes to figuring out problems.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

LOL, none of us are...but there's a lot of info available to try to get us through :thumbsup:.

Louis

#5 bitstech

bitstech

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

I've seen this before. It's some sort of hardware error with your ethernet card. Try getting an updated driver for the card. If that doesn't work, then you probably have a bad card. (be it an actual card or onboard.) If it's onboard, go into the BIOS and disable it and purchase a replacement card (they're relatively cheap, around $20.) If it's already a card, just purchase a new one and then install drivers.

Good luck!
David
Info Blog

#6 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

Hello sisterrita, Louis and bitstech!

I also had such a problem complete with Stop error code the same as you are experiencing. In my case the stop error was caused by a hardware modem manufactured (PCI Card) by AOpen. This was the type of modem (in my case) which was necessary for me to connect to my Internet Provider which was a dial-up type of connection.

I contacted AOpen support who advised me that the problem was related to the chipset embedded in the modem PCI Card. It seems the chipset was an older version and had been in service for quite some time on this particular modem card; The chipset was manufactured by a Chinese Corporation who sold the chipsets to AOpen for installation in this particular model of modem which I had.

In the meantime Microsoft came out with some hotfixes or updates for Windows XP which rendered this old Modem card useless unless the Chinese Corp. was willing to write new drivers for the chipset which would once again make the modem card compatible with my system. They, of course, were not willing to do this because, as in all things computered, technology moves on.

It was necessary for me to purchase a more modern modem in order to re-connect to the internet.

As in the case with bitstech the cost of the new modem pci card was in the neighborhood of 18-20 dollarsUS.

Here is a link to a website where you will see your particular stop error code and may find some insight to your problem: http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html

I had the same header as you have:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

But the code numbers posted in your system may be different than what I experienced and yours may be a totally different problem. I wish you well in this endeavor and I hope it is a cheap fix for you.

The link to the website above is very comprehensive and has mountains of info for those more well versed in this than I am.

I can tell you this; If Louis :thumbsup: gets started helping you with this problem he will not give up until he has solved it or it becomes unsolvable!

But I am sure there is a fix here for you somewhere.

best of luck,

ranger72 :flowers:
So Much To Learn; So Little Time To Learn It In!

#7 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

sisterrita

Are you fully up to date with microsoft updates and service packs to include service pack 3? If not navigate to Microsoft updates web page and update all available critical updates and restart your machine to save your settings.

Just in case set a current "System Restore" point before downloading SP 3. If your machine is currently up to date then just ignore this post :thumbsup:

ranger72
So Much To Learn; So Little Time To Learn It In!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users