Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen on Shut Down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tophe199

tophe199

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:50 PM

Hi,

Thanks in advance for your time reading this post. Here is a summary of my problem and what I
have tried.

Problem: Whenever I shutdown or restart, after the 'saving your settings' screen, I get a blue screen (BSOD)
that includes a stop error: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, ... and then several numbers, which are not always
the same, e.g. 0xE0D0F6FF, 0xF65F7BD0, 0xF65F78CC).

Things I've done:
1. Completely cleaned my computer of all viruses with the help of someone in a bleepingcomputers forum
2. Removed all unsigned drivers
3. Started the computer in Safe Mode
4. Read the Microsoft website on stop errors

Unfortunately, none of these things helped, the problem persists in each case (really, reading didn't
solve it :thumbsup: ). It has been going on for a few months now.

Thanks again, Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:51 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

These errors are difficult to troubleshoot...but this, IMO, is the best webpage for guidance in troubleshooting STOP errors: http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Ultimately, any STOP error comes down to a process of eliminating possible causes in any system, rather than finding a definitive cause by Googling, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users