Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove Program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stan

stan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:49 AM

This problem is on a Dell laptop running XP Pro which I use both in the office and at home.

To try and cure a slow running problem a colleague deleted some programs (possibly while logged on as a different user and he has now left the country)

I am sure it is just a Window's bug, but I now have a program in my list of installed programs that I cant remove.
It is an Internet game client with the name ‘TrueMoneygames Game Client’ showing no size and only gives me the 'Remove' option,
Clicking this gives me an error saying 'the feature I am trying to use is on an unavailable network source'.
It asks me to browse for or enter a path to 'TrueMoneygames Game Client.msi' which I cannot find.

I cannot reinstall this program because the install.exe file tries to delete the previous (non existent) version and gives the same error as above.

Any help in getting rid of it would be gratefully received.
I am not that puter literate and new to XP, but can follow simple instructions.

Thanks Stan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:31 AM

CCleaner

CCleaner is freeware, once installed run the program, click tools and this will bring up a uninstaller option and will show all software installed on your system. Highlight the bad link and then click delete entry.

#3 stan

stan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:26 AM

Thanks stidyup, it does look like a great utility.

Unfortunately, like another uninstaller I tried, it does not see the offending file in its list of installed programs.

So unless there are any settings that I have missed I am still stuck with it :thumbsup:

Stan

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:49 AM

Using CCleaner, if you go to the Issues tab and Scan for Issues, you can selectively remove any registry entries that are connected to that program. Be careful in there though. My recommendation is to remove only the offending entries.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:51 AM

If your brave have a trip to the registy

start
run
regedit

Then search for all instances of TrueMoneygames Game Client and maybe the company that produced it, and just delete them.

Before you start backup your current registry with this tool Erunt just incase you delete something you shouldn't.

Change the registry with caution as you may completely screw up your PC.

#6 stan

stan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:32 AM

Thanks guys

The trip to the registry has sorted it I think.

Brave or foolish I don't know but this time I got away with it :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users