Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser sites are small on my new computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eastms

eastms

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

Well, my dad's computer actually. I got him online a couple years ago and he got a new one and I can't figure out how to fix this. He's pretty up in years and isn't the least computer savvy - he just wants it to work. Me too, he can be a pain. :thumbsup:

Here's the scoop. He got one of those eMachines. nVidia GeForce 6150 video display. The problem is that some websites that used to take up the whole screen are now scrolled down the middle of the browser with large margins on either side. I pull up the same sites on his old computer (and mine) and they take up the entire screen, but on this new one it's centered and slim down the middle.

I tried:

a) Adjusting the view size on the browser.
:flowers: Using FireFox 3 and IE.
c) Reloading the chipset and display drivers.
d) Fiddling with the resolution.

I don't know if it's an nVidia thing or a monitor thing - I'm handy with computers if I have to be, but I'm not an expert. I tried all the obvious stuff (I think) but can't seem to get that to work and my dad is driving me NUTS with this.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Have you tried a different monitor? Have you checked the monitor settings?

Louis

#3 eastms

eastms
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:19 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Have you tried a different monitor? Have you checked the monitor settings?

Louis

Yes, I should have mentioned that. I hooked up his old monitor and the website view was still skinny.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:53 AM

I don't know of anything that would impact the size of onscreen images...other than monitor controls/adjustments.

The only video adjustsments that I know which are possible via the system...have to do with resolution, nothing else.

Let's see what others think :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users