Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Me and my cheap printer!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lisbon

lisbon

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

We im cheap i got this printer from my dad ages ago, its a lexmark z35. I know it had not drivers for vista and it didn't have any support for vista, but i have windows 7 now and well i was hoping it would work. Well i didn't i tried and install it, it usually would but after it would not print anything, I've been threw the properties of the printer to tweak and but still no goof.
Well i thought they were going to fix the capability issues in windows 7 , i have no other printer, and don't want to buy another, so anyone got any ideas, was thinking of Xp mode thing(Xp Mode) but i cant find it or find were to download it.
So anyone got suggestions?

Edited by lisbon, 29 April 2009 - 09:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

but i cant find it or find were to download it.

Can't find what? Sorry, unless you use proper grammar, I just do not understand.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

To run the install in compatibility mode you need to right click on the installation shell and choose compatibility mode and choose run as administrator. After the installation you need to find the drivers and have them run in compatibility mode. Directions are found here.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users