Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Computer totally broken!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jakethepspguy

jakethepspguy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

My brother's computer won't even load up anymore. A virus has existed on it that first took out the internet so he couldn't download any software to delete it. Now it's gotten so far that he can't really load it up because it freezes. Freezes in safe mode as well :thumbsup:

He lives almost 1000 miles away from me so I can't take his hard drive out and scan it. I want to send him a USB drive that automatically runs combofix.exe when the computer boots so it will get fixed. Can anyone tell me how to set a flash drive up to do that, or another way to fix the computer on startup?

(Moderator edit and note: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 30 April 2009 - 09:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users