Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ok, got a new computer But..................

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jrv

jrv

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:56 PM

Ok, I had to give up on the old one & got a new computer.
I went into movie maker & opened a saved slide show I was working on for months and all the written info shows , but where the pictures would be is a big red X.

I hope this is just about settings or something on new computer, but I don't know what.
all other picture in "my box" shows ok.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

Its looking for the pictures in their old location. Do you know where they were on the old computer? Are they on the new computer?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 jrv

jrv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:24 AM

Its looking for the pictures in their old location. Do you know where they were on the old computer? Are they on the new computer?

Yes, I had all m pictures & documents, etc on a portable hard drive called "my box".
and yes, i connected it to new compt & i can see everything except in the file where I put my video, the movie will show the slide show & all written stuff but where th pictures should be (after the cation ) is a red X.
the slide show shows, but pics are not. everything else in "my book" shows .

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

Whereever those pictures are now stored...you must re-introduce them into the WMM clipboard, before they can be used as clips.

The red X simply indicates, as previously stated, that the clips are no longer in the file locations they were when initially imported into/onto the clipboard.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users