Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Unknown Administrators on XP Pro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jerry2037

Jerry2037

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:48 PM

I have HP XP Pro SP3, about 4 years old. Had to restore from D: partition last week. In trying to reinstall programs I discovered I have multiple administrators, I think causing reinstall problems with Autodesk programs.
Administrator accounts:
Administrator
HP_Administrator
HP_Administrator.MEDIA
This is a single user machine, I have no need for all these administrator accounts and don't know where they came from. Now seems like a good time to simplify things.
Can someone tell me how to get rid of all these extra administrators and combine all that stuff in one place? Also need to know how to keep from getting back into this situation as I reinstall a bunch more programs.

Thanks
Jerry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:56 PM

If you have an HP system...HP put them on the system...via their recovery software.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users