Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb ports at start-up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 treki215

treki215

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

I have a keyboard that plugs into the usb port on my computer. Recently I needed to boot my computer in safe mode but my computer does'nt start the usb drivers until well after I need to press f8. My question is : Is there a way to make so my computer starts the usb drivers at start-up? (Note: buying a keyboard that plugs into the keyboard slot is a last resort. I really love this keyboard.)

Thanks in Advance,
-Treki215
In space, no one can hear you scream......

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

Enable USB in the BIOS

USB is often disabled by Default in the BIOS. To enable USB in the BIOS one or more of the following statements must be true.

USB Keyboard - DOS or Enabled (Even if you have NO USB Keyboard)

Legacy USB Support - Enabled

and/or

Assign IRQ for USB - Enabled (Some combinations of OS and BIOS version require this setting to be Disabled).

If there are NO references to USB in the BIOS setup, your BIOS Version Needs To Be Updated.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users