Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Horrible lag and odd quirks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Miyuki

Miyuki

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

Alright so I have been having osme issues after getting my computer back after it was cleaned after a horrible virus attack. It was the evil win32 virut, and I lost everything. I had a friend's dad(Computer nerd) reformat my computer, and completely clean it. Sadly, that left me with vista. My computer originally came with ti, ut despising it I had it cahnged to xp. At this point I don't want to bug the person who did that for me again so I am jsut going to try and learn to adjust to vista. Anyways, onto the current issue.

I wasn't sure where to put this so I put here but there is 1. a major lag issue. When I go to open a program, it lags and when I go to restart or turn off the comptuer, it can take five to ten minutes! This computer isn't old, I got it in december and it is empty! There shouldn't be any lag at all! This wasn't a problem before either. I talked to dell, and they were of no help. Aside form being VERY slow at their response, they basically just said, 'you probably have the virus still. Too baaad!' >.> not quite in those terms but you get hte point. Anyways I see no way the virus could still be on here, but I am scanning with avast anyways.

The other problem is that my internet browsers, mainly fire fox, will randomly stop connecting utnil I reboot. But I wouldn't have lost net connection since my messenger would still be working fine, as will anything else on the net but hte browser. These are getting very, very annoying since inorder to fix it I have to restart which can take a while...

any clues as to why it might be doing this and how to fix it? Thanks! And I am sorry if I put this in the wrong section.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:03 PM

From the sound of things, it honestly sounds like you might have another virus. I’d recommend you download and install a Microsoft-recommended security provider suite: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/antivirus...dows-vista.aspx.

Run a scan and see if anything comes up. Like I said, it might not be certain, but from the symptoms, it sounds like there’s an infection.

Cheers,
Ron S

Windows Outreach Team

Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

#3 Miyuki

Miyuki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

well I have scanned with avast, and I have zonealarm on the computer. THere shouldn't be anything, I haven't done anything with it since I got it back because of those annoying quirks, and literally EVERYTHING was wiped =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users