Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bitcomet Hijaked Firefox

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shevie

Shevie

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:52 AM

"http://google.atcomet.com/b/" is apparently my homepage, and I have tried re setting it in Tools> Options, but to no prevail. Also Firefox Updated opens every time I start Firefox.

I have read: http://support.mozilla.com/tr/kb/preferences+are+not+saved

But it was no help as the steps listed have not cured me. I uninstalled Bitcomet and that did nothing also.The only Option left to me at the moment is to run spybot and see if anythings up. Feedback on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

(Moderator edit: thread moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 29 April 2009 - 07:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hertsky

Hertsky

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:25 AM

Does sound like your Browser is Hijacked.

Try running SpyBot. Might fix this.
Posted Image

#3 Shevie

Shevie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

Fixed: Deleted the Pref.js file and its back to my preference. Guess the file was bugged.

Edited by Shevie, 29 April 2009 - 02:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users