Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Newcomputer

Newcomputer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:33 PM

Sorry if i posted wrong but my webcam for Usb 2.0 from creative is an unknown device, how can i identify it. i tried the cd. Plz help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pchartwell

pchartwell

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:20 AM

Start by removing the unknown device where it appears in the Device Manager (System Properties, Hardware).

Consult the camera's CD and any other information; there might be a README.TXT file on the root of the CD for example. You may need to start a software installation from the CD and not connect the hardware until prompted.

If that route doesn't work, try plugging in the camera again with the CD handy. There should be a folder in the CD for drivers by OS type. You ought to manually be able to instruct the 'unknown device' (in Device Manager) to get drivers from the CD which should get it working.

Edited by pchartwell, 22 June 2005 - 09:21 AM.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:34 AM

I don't have the instructions handy, but IIRC, shouldn't the software be installed before plugging in the camera? I haven't used one on XP, so the rules may be different.

#4 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:05 PM

Put the cd in, install the drivers, then plug the camera in and it will work.

If you dont have the drivers go to creative's site and download them.

Dont plug the camera in without the drivers or youll mess something up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users