Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PHP MySQL Error on my forums.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ThaTweaker

ThaTweaker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:46 PM

when i go to post a topic ... it gives me this error:

i have added a few mods, but i dont think they did anything like this... is there any query that i can do to in MyPHPAdmin? or anything like that? i just used the PHPBB3 files that you can download from phpbb3.com and some mods on there also...

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'b.group_bypass_post_req' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

SELECT b.group_bypass_post_req AS requirement FROM phpbb_user_group a, phpbb_groups b WHERE user_id = 2 AND a.group_id = b.group_id

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 60
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

The error is saying that there is no column called "group_bypass_post_req" in the table that you are querying.

#3 ThaTweaker

ThaTweaker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:55 PM

how do i make said column?

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:19 PM

The first question is what good is it going to do? If you query a column that has no information in it, then you may end up with other bad results. What information is the query supposed to be returning? OR maybe the column exists in a different table. Did you create the query, or was it pre-existing in the software package?

#5 mckooter

mckooter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:33 PM

ThaTweaker, you didnt run the sql command on the mod you installed,

i think you installed this mod: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.p...69&t=937065

at the top of the xml install file it says SQL and has a series of code, that is needed to make the mod work, you would want to run it in PHPMyAdmin
if thats not the correct mod, then you would want to find the mod you installed that deals with permissions on post requirements, that one just happened to be the only one i could find with that column

Edited by mckooter, 29 April 2009 - 01:34 PM.

You can just call me Chris

I found out I was Marilyn Monroe in a previous life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users