Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Weapon X

Weapon X

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

Hi, just posting an Intro as I was encouraged to upon registering. I'm an out-of-work desktop tech/network support analyst. Basically that means I've been working on, building and fixing people's pc's for a couple of years but am not quite as knowledgeable or experienced as true experts or network admins. I've been taking the last few weeks to try to expand my knowledge and research free/open-source software, including anti-malware, and I finally had the time to get more info on ComboFix. Some of the comments on an article in LifeHacker reminded me to look into ComboFix and eventually led me here. Aside from ComboFix I had heard of Bleeping Computer before, and I'm sure I've stumbled across a thread or two while researching how to solve a problem. I know that once I heard of this site mentioned on one a local newscast (Chicago), but I can't remember which one as it was probably several months ago. This is the first forum I've ever registered for, which means that your helpers, forums and tutorials inspired confidence and I was pretty impressed by the site.

I love new software, open-source solutions and the creative tweaks people come up with but never have the time to actually try out that many or to try to learn more about other hardware/software-related developments. Also, being a sports nut really cuts down on the free time. I hope I find work soon, but until I do, I'm sure I will be perusing BC and doing more research. Probably not until the Bulls are out of the playoffs though.

Edited by Weapon X, 28 April 2009 - 10:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:40 AM

:thumbsup: to Bleeping computer :flowers:
We always need people like you :D

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

In between watching the Cubbies lose this Spring, you can always stop by here and learn about the subjects that interest you.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Weapon X

Weapon X
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

Thanks guys. And John... ouch. One of these days we WILL get the last laugh. It's gonna happen.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

Cubs fans know all about blind optimism. They have had decades to practic that art.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users