Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't update Windows/AVG/AntiMalwares nor can start in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Ferdinko

Ferdinko

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:35 PM

I think I am infected with some very bad wares. I can't update Windows/AVG/Anti Malware programs (such as SuperAntiSpyware / Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware etc.) nor can I go to any anti-virus/spywares websites. I can't start in safe mode either. My computer is noticeably slower and frequently freezes.

All my definition databases are only a couple of days out of date. I have run AVG / SuperAntiSpyware / Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware but none of them could detect anything.

I tried to start in safe mode but got a blue screen with following error message:

Technical Information: ***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF79F5528,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

Please download DrWeb-CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
  • Double-click on drweb-cureit.exe to start the program.
  • Cancel any prompts to download the latest CureIt version and click Start.
  • At the prompt to "Start scan now", click Ok. Allow the setup.exe/driver to load if asked by any of your security programs.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
    (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
  • When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
    (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

#3 Ferdinko

Ferdinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:20 AM

Thanks very much for the advice.

I have been offline and busy scanning my machine and all my storage devices with Dr Web CureIt. Now I am back!

I downloaded Dr Web from another computer and it did a great job and got the bastard.

Since I could not start in safe mode I started in normal mode and it worked nevertheless. Following are the malwares that have been identified and removed by Dr Web:

Win32.HLLW.Shadow.based, Win32.HLLW.Autoruner.6617

which appeared to be a related pair.

My machine now seems to be working ok. There are however some remaining issues which I hope you can shed some light.

1. I have done some web search for this bug and found that it was aimed at exploiting vulnerability addressed by Microsoft security bulletins MS08-067, MS08-068, MS09-001 and that it tried to steal valuable personal information from compromised computers.

I checked my Windows update history and found my machine (Windows XP, SP2 with IE7) has all those patches as mentioned above which were released by Microsoft around end of last year / early this year.

During the infected period I tried to minimize my online time but I had to be online some of the time, such as coming to this forum, checking emails etc., which, in my view, would provide the bug some opportunities to do what it was intended to do.

I have updated some of my online passwords but my concerns are: was it possible that my personal information / files etc. be smuggled out of my computer, considering I have already had all the security patches? If so, how can I find out what information/files have been stolen?

2. On one occasion during the infected period, I was shocked to discover that drwtsn32.exe was eating my hard disk alive after I started Windows! My c:\ drive was being depleted right before my eyes and I lost over 1GB space in the matter of minutes! I checked the Task Manager and saw drwtsn32.exe was using almost 100% of CPU. I immediately killed the process and the depletion stopped. After that every time I started Windows I had to kill the process manually or it would do the same thing again. Later on I realised that the bug had deleted all my restore points. Since there was no point in creating a contaminated restore point I disabled the System Restore altogether. That solved the problem: drwtsn32.exe stopped depleting my c:\ drive.

I now tried to locate where the lost disk space was and found a file called “drwtsn32.log” in the Dr Watson folder which is in excess of 3360mb!! I did not attempt to open it as it is way too large for Notepad to handle.

My questions are: Can I delete “drwtsn32.log” safely? What would be the consequence if I delete it?

3. I still can’t start in safe mode. I would come to the same blue screen if I tried. What would be the possible causes?

Once again thanks very much for your help and hope you can help answer my above questions.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,404 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:15 AM

Hi, before we remove things ,please run two more tools.

Next run MBAM:
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.36) and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

Now an Online scan...
Please run a BitDefender Online Scan
  • Click I Agree to agree to the EULA.
  • Allow the ActiveX control to install when prompted.
  • Click Click here to scan to begin the scan.
  • Please refrain from using the computer until the scan is finished. This might take a while to run, but it is important that nothing else is running while you scan.
  • When the scan is finished, click on Click here to export the scan results.
  • Save the report to your desktop so you can post it in your next reply.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Ferdinko

Ferdinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

Hi, thanks for helping me.

After I got rid of the bug I updated Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyware and ran full scans with the updated definitions. Both found nothing.

I have also run a BitDefender Online Scan as suggested. It has 5 detections, which I am certain are all false positives. So I won’t bother you with the log here.

I have deleted “drwtsn32.log” and claimed back the disk space. No adverse effect so far.

My main concerns remain: was it possible that my personal information / files etc. be smuggled out of my computer, considering I have already had all the security patches? If so, how can I find out what information/files have been stolen?

Any help would be appreciated.

#6 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

My main concerns remain: was it possible that my personal information / files etc. be smuggled out of my computer, considering I have already had all the security patches? If so, how can I find out what information/files have been stolen?

Any help would be appreciated.

With malware, there is always the risk that your personal information could have been stolen. There is no guarantee that all of your information is safe and out of the hands of the malware.

As for the blue-screen problem, I personally have no idea. I never deal with those issues so maybe boopme could shed some light on it for you :thumbsup:

#7 Supertramp73

Supertramp73

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

Having the same problem:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1259328

#8 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hello.

@Supertramp73

Sorry if I sound rude but please, stop posting in other members topic when you have the same problem as them and require us to help you. It is not that we don't want to help you but it may just because we think someone is already helping you or you got overlooked somehow. I see you posting this in about 2-3 other topics that is not yours. Please be paitent and someone should get to you soon.

@Ferdinko

That blue screen doesn't look good to me and after some researching it doesn't appear to be good thing either, however that error message can also be related to hardware or device/driver issues.

I would like you to do the following to help me confirm this please.

Download and run RootRepeal CR

Please download RootRepeal to your desktop
  • Physically disconnect your machine from the internet as your system will be unprotected.
  • Unzip it to it's own folder
  • Close/Disable all other programs especially your security programs (anti-spyware, anti-virus, and firewall) Refer to this page, if you are unsure how.
  • Double-click on Rooter.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, please right-click and run as Administrator...
  • Click the Report tab at the bottom.
  • Now click the Scan button in the Report Tab. Posted Image
  • A box will pop up, check the boxes beside ALL SIX
    Posted Image
  • Now click OK.
  • Another box will open, check the boxes beside all the drives, eg : C:\, then click OK.
  • The scan will take a little while to run, so let it go unhindered.
  • Once it is done, click the Save Report button. Posted Image
  • Save it as RepealScan and save it to your desktop
  • Reconnect to the internet.
  • Post the log here in your reply.
Export SafeBoot Key for Diagnosis

We need to diagnose your SafeBoot Registry Key
  • Click Start>>Run
  • Copy and Paste the following code in the open Run Field (Do not copy the word "code")
    regedit /e C:\SafeBootK.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot"
  • Now Click Ok
  • Double click on My Computer , then navigate to your C:\ drive
  • In there, you should see a file called SafeBootK.txt.
  • Double click it to open the contents
  • Copy and paste the contents of SafeBootK.txt in your next reply please.
If you have any problems let me know.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

Edited by extremeboy, 11 May 2009 - 03:42 PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#9 Ferdinko

Ferdinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:48 PM

Hi Extremeboy, thanks for the reply.

The text on the blue screen did suggest it may be due to viruses / hardware problems. It only came to my attention when I tried to get rid of the recent infection. I have no idea when the problem started.

Following are the logs:

SafeBootK.txt

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot]
"AlternateShell"="cmd.exe"

RootRepeal

ROOTREPEAL © AD, 2007-2008
==================================================
Scan Time: 2009/05/12 11:41
Program Version: Version 1.2.3.0
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
==================================================

Drivers
-------------------
Name: dump_atapi.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_atapi.sys
Address: 0xAAC5A000 Size: 98304 File Visible: No

Name: dump_WMILIB.SYS
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_WMILIB.SYS
Address: 0xF7A8F000 Size: 8192 File Visible: No

Name: rootrepeal.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rootrepeal.sys
Address: 0xA994D000 Size: 45056 File Visible: No

Name: srescan.sys
Image Path: srescan.sys
Address: 0xF7607000 Size: 45056 File Visible: No

Hidden/Locked Files
-------------------
Path: C:\autorun.inf\lpt3.This folder was created by Flash_Disinfector

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\ntuser.dat.LOG

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\SSTEXT3D.SCR-0586736D.pf

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\RUNDLL32.EXE-4F86B917.pf

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\WUDF\WUDFTrace.etl

SSDT
-------------------
#: 017 Function Name: NtAllocateVirtualMemory
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wpsdrvnt.sys" at address 0xf7779b30

#: 037 Function Name: NtCreateFile
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsdatant.sys" at address 0xaaeb52d0

#: 041 Function Name: NtCreateKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsdatant.sys" at address 0xaaec00d0

#: 053 Function Name: NtCreateThread
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wpsdrvnt.sys" at address 0xf77796f0

#: 062 Function Name: NtDeleteFile
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsdatant.sys" at address 0xaaeb5950

#: 063 Function Name: NtDeleteKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsdatant.sys" at address 0xaaec10b0

#: 065 Function Name: NtDeleteValueKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsdatant.sys" at address 0xaaec0d00

#: 098 Function Name: NtLoadKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsdatant.sys" at address 0xaaec13e0

#: 108 Function Name: NtMapViewOfSection
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wpsdrvnt.sys" at address 0xf7779470

#: 116 Function Name: NtOpenFile
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsdatant.sys" at address 0xaaeb57a0

#: 137 Function Name: NtProtectVirtualMemory
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wpsdrvnt.sys" at address 0xf7779c50

#: 193 Function Name: NtReplaceKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsdatant.sys" at address 0xaaec16d0

#: 204 Function Name: NtRestoreKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsdatant.sys" at address 0xaaec1980

#: 224 Function Name: NtSetInformationFile
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsdatant.sys" at address 0xaaeb5ac0

#: 247 Function Name: NtSetValueKey
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsdatant.sys" at address 0xaaec0897

#: 249 Function Name: NtShutdownSystem
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wpsdrvnt.sys" at address 0xf7779990

#: 257 Function Name: NtTerminateProcess
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wpsdrvnt.sys" at address 0xf77798d0

#: 277 Function Name: NtWriteVirtualMemory
Status: Hooked by "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wpsdrvnt.sys" at address 0xf7779d60

Thanks & Regards

#10 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hello.

To confirm: Are you sure that is the complete SafeBootK log?

Please check again and make sure posted the complete SafeBootK log.

was it possible that my personal information / files etc. be smuggled out of my computer, considering I have already had all the security patches? If so, how can I find out what information/files have been stolen?

Yes it is possible, but we have no way to confirm this currently since there were no infections found by any of the scanners we have ran. Security patches indeed helps you however, if you were infected before this happened that it will not help. Also not all infections comes from exploited patches etc... Usually you would want to change all passwords using a clean computer. If you do any banking/financial business then it would be wise if you call and let them know about the situation you are in. However, I can not confirm you have an infection like this right now.

I would like a more detailed log so please run this scan as well. Also answer my question regarding the SafeBootK log.

Download and Run Scan with GMER

We will use GMER to scan for rootkits.This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop. Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.
  • Close any and all open programs, as this process may crash your computer.
  • Double click Posted Image or Posted Image on your desktop.
  • When you have done this, close all running programs.
    There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
  • Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program. Right-click and select Run As Administrator... if you are using Vista
  • Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
    If it detects rootkit activity, you will receive a prompt (refer below) to run a full scan. Click NO..
    Posted Image
  • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Please UNCHECK the following:
    • Sections
    • IAT/EAT
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show all (Don't miss this one!)
  • Posted Image
  • Click on Posted Image and wait for the scan to finish.
  • If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
  • Push Posted Image and save the logfile to your desktop.
  • Copy and Paste the contents of that file in your next post.

If GMER doesn't work in Normal Mode try running it in Safe Mode

Note: Do Not run any program while GMER is running

May I have another description of any remaining problems you still have just to clarify.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#11 Ferdinko

Ferdinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:00 AM

Hi,

The only infection I had, as far as I know, was the Win32.HLLW.Shadow.based, also known as Conficker / Downadup, which was killed by Dr Web.

All functions of my computer has returned to normal since the bug was removed. All my updates are working and I notice nothing unusual, despite being as vigilant as I am now. Multiple scans with the latest definition databases all returned negative finding. I hope I can reasonably say that my machine is now clean.

The remaining problem I have is that I can’t start in safe mode. I would come to a blue screen if I tried.

SafeBootK:

I checked again and even physically went into the Windows Registry and exported the file. Same very short text.

Could it be that it was changed by the bug?

GMER

I ran it with all security programs disabled (firewall / Antivirus etc), disconnected from the web, closed all open applications.

Apart from the initial quick scan, (see log below), I could not do a full scan as suggested. I clicked the scan button but nothing happened. The position of the scan button was overlapping some check boxes which does not seem normal. I can send you a screenshot of the GMER main Window if you like as I don't know how to attach it here.

GMER quick scan log:

GMER 1.0.15.14972 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-05-13 14:26:10
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Device \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Ip vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Zone Labs, LLC)
Device \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Tcp vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Zone Labs, LLC)
Device \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Udp vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Zone Labs, LLC)
Device \Driver\Tcpip \Device\RawIp vsdatant.sys (TrueVector Device Driver/Zone Labs, LLC)

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Thanks & Regards

#12 Ferdinko

Ferdinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:11 AM

BTW, I ran GMER with both the original name, gmer.exe and a random name, ehr4yc2g.exe, neither worked.

#13 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

Hello.

I apologize for the delay in my responses. I'll try my best to respond ASAP.

Continue with this step:

Download and run SafeBootKey Repair
  • Please download Safe Boot Key Repair and save it to your desktop.
  • Run Posted Image by double clicking on it or Right-click on it and click Open. If you are using Vista, please right-click and choose run as administrator...
  • A black command prompt window shall appear with the message "Please Wait..."
  • It will now begin to scan, please be paitent while it scans The scan should take no longer than 1 minute
  • Once it's done the log containing the results I want to see shall be opened.
    Note: The log can also be retrieved from your C:\ drive with the filename entitled "SAFEBOOT_REPAIR.TXT"
  • Copy and paste the resultant log here in your next reply.
/Edit: To add comment and "spacing"

With Regards,
Extremeboy

Edited by extremeboy, 13 May 2009 - 07:29 PM.

#14 Ferdinko

Ferdinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:15 AM

Hi,

My apologies for the delay in replying too. There were problems with my telco and I could not access the web for a day.

SafeBootKeyRepair fixed my problem and now the Safe Mode is back! Thanks very much!

While I was in safe mode I tried to run GMER again but to no avail. Same thing happened - it stopped responding after the initial scan.

Here is the log:

Reg export of SafeBoot key after repair:
========================

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot]
"AlternateShell"="cmd.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\AppMgmt]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\Base]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\Boot Bus Extender]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\Boot file system]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\CryptSvc]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\DcomLaunch]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\dmadmin]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\dmboot.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\dmio.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\dmload.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\dmserver]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\EventLog]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\File system]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\Filter]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\HelpSvc]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\Netlogon]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\PCI Configuration]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\PlugPlay]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\PNP Filter]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\Primary disk]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\RpcSs]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\SCSI Class]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\sermouse.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\sr.sys]
@="FSFilter System Recovery"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\SRService]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\System Bus Extender]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\vga.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\vgasave.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\WinMgmt]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}]
@="Universal Serial Bus controllers"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="CD-ROM Drive"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="DiskDrive"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{4D36E969-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="Standard floppy disk controller"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="Hdc"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="Keyboard"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="Mouse"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{4D36E977-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="PCMCIA Adapters"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="SCSIAdapter"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="System"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{4D36E980-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="Floppy disk drive"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}]
@="Volume"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Minimal\{745A17A0-74D3-11D0-B6FE-00A0C90F57DA}]
@="Human Interface Devices"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\AFD]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\AppMgmt]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Base]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Boot Bus Extender]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Boot file system]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Browser]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\CryptSvc]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\DcomLaunch]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Dhcp]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\dmadmin]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\dmboot.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\dmio.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\dmload.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\dmserver]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\DnsCache]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\EventLog]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\File system]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Filter]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\HelpSvc]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\ip6fw.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\ipnat.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\LanmanServer]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\LanmanWorkstation]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\LmHosts]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Messenger]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\NDIS]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\NDIS Wrapper]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Ndisuio]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\NetBIOS]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\NetBIOSGroup]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\NetBT]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\NetDDEGroup]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Netlogon]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\NetMan]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Network]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\NetworkProvider]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\NtLmSsp]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\PCI Configuration]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\PlugPlay]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\PNP Filter]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\PNP_TDI]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Primary disk]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\rdpcdd.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\rdpdd.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\rdpwd.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\rdsessmgr]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\RpcSs]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\SCSI Class]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\sermouse.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\SharedAccess]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\sr.sys]
@="FSFilter System Recovery"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\SRService]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Streams Drivers]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\System Bus Extender]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\Tcpip]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\TDI]
@="Driver Group"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\tdpipe.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\tdtcp.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\termservice]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\vga.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\vgasave.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\WinMgmt]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\WZCSVC]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{1a3e09be-1e45-494b-9174-d7385b45bbf5}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}]
@="Universal Serial Bus controllers"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="CD-ROM Drive"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="DiskDrive"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E969-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="Standard floppy disk controller"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="Hdc"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="Keyboard"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="Mouse"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="Net"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E973-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="NetClient"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E974-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="NetService"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E975-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="NetTrans"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E977-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="PCMCIA Adapters"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="SCSIAdapter"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="System"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{4D36E980-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="Floppy disk drive"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}]
@="Volume"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\safeboot\Network\{745A17A0-74D3-11D0-B6FE-00A0C90F57DA}]
@="Human Interface Devices"

========================

Once again thank you very much for your help. Thanks also go to my previous helpers and to all people here who have devoted their time in trying to help others - at a time when help is most needed. Your efforts are very much appreciated!

Kind regards

#15 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

Hello.

That log looks much better :thumbsup:

Regarding GMER, yes, it does freeze a lot on some computers. Don't worry too much about it, the RootRepeal scan was fairly detailed already.

Make sure all your security programs are up to date and enabled at this point.

After a serious infection like this, I would like to see an online scan.

Run Scan with Kaspersky

Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner. Please note: Kaspersky requires Java Runtime Environment (JRE) be installed before scanning for malware, as ActiveX is no longer being used.)

If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.

• Open the Kaspersky WebScanner
    page.
  • Click on the Posted Image button on the main page.
  • The program will launch and fill in the Information section on the left.
  • Read the "Requirements and Limitations" then press the Posted Image button.
  • The program will begin downloading the latest program and definition files. It may take a while so please be patient and let it finish.
  • Once the files have been downloaded, click on the Posted Image ...button.
    In the scan settings make sure the following are selected:
    • Detect malicious programs of the following categories:
      Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, Rootkits
      Spyware, Adware, Dialers and other potentially dangerous programs
    • Scan compound files (doesn't apply to the File scan area):
      Archives
      Mail databases
      By default the above items should already be checked.
    • Click the Posted Image button, if you made any changes.
  • Now under the Scan section on the left:

Select My Computer
  • The program will now start and scan your system. This will run for a while, be patient and let it finish.
  • Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
  • Now, click on the Save Report as button.
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.
You can refer to this animation by sundavis.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users