Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Infected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Justonetok

Justonetok

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

Not sure what my wife downloaded, but first removed the computer CD rom drive, I went to a system restore point was able to contain the infection updated windows and ran scan disk. When I restarted all networking & scan disk was removed. Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated

I attached the DDS scan

Attached Files

• Attached File  DDS.txt   13.04KB   7 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:28 AM

Ok.. Looking at log, I would advised you to start backup all of your valuable data/documents/pictures/movies/songs/etc.. Do NOT backup any applications/installer and Do NOT backup any .exe/.scr/.htm/.html/.xml/.zip/.rar/.pif/.asp/.php/.iso files... We are looking for possible Virut or Sality infection, and if it is.. Then you might have to wipe the machine clean..

Make sure you back-up everything ONLY via CD or DVD (non-rewritable).. If you need to backup into external hard drive or thumbdrive, make sure it is EMPTY.. Meaning NO FILE inside it.. Format the external drive first before attach it to the infected computer.. A single .exe file inside the external drive may infected other computers as well

Please download Dr.Web CureIt to the Desktop:
  • Double-click the launch.exe or cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • Once the short scan has finished, just let it cure whatever it finds...
    • Now, go to Settings >> Change Settings
    • Go to Actions tab >> under Objects section, change the settings to below
      • Infected objects - Cure
        Incurable objects - Report
        Suspicious objects - Report
    • Don't change any other settings
  • Start the scan again. This time, choose Complete Scan
  • Click the green arrow button at the right, and the scan will start.
  • After the scan finished, click Select all
  • Click on Cure and choose Report incurable (means take no actions.. Don't "move", or "rename" or "delete")
  • When the scan has finished, in the menu, click File and choose Save report list
  • Save the report to your Desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Post DrWeb.csv in your next reply (Open it as Notepad).. Do NOT reboot the computer yet..

Keep calm, make it simple, use your brain, don't freak out, and you'll be just fine..
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.. True story - Barney Stinson
Posted Image Posted Image
Its gonna be legen.. wait for it.. dary! Cherish the pain, it means you're still alive

#3 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic

Keep calm, make it simple, use your brain, don't freak out, and you'll be just fine..
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.. True story - Barney Stinson
Posted Image Posted Image
Its gonna be legen.. wait for it.. dary! Cherish the pain, it means you're still alive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users