Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cursor moves to address bar when i'm typing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 moosie

moosie

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

hi folks

An odd problem with my acer aspire 4720z, O/S Vista home premium. Browser- Internet Explorer 7. This puter is about 2 years old and i've used explorer 7 since it first came out without any major problems. Touchpad is disabled, i use a usb mouse.

Just recently, when i'm typing, my cursor wil move to the addess bar, highlight it, and if i'm not watching what i'm doing, all my text will appear there, i'm also getting frequent page freezes, and system slowdowns (i.e. it petty much stops working, makes a noise as if revving up, the noise will stop and everything is back to normal.)
Hard drive is 150GB and i recently increased ram to 2GB

Ive run malwarebytes, spybot, cleaned temp files cookies etc...everything is clean as far as i can tell. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 moosie

moosie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:48 AM

Hello? lol i know your all busy.....but i would really like to rid myself of this annoyance :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users