Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Number in ( ) on desktop icon

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mr. jim

mr. jim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:40 AM

I'm new to Bleeping, so sorry for this question if it's been posted a thousand times already.

My Windows Mail desktop icon has a "(3)" next to it. What's it mean and how do I get rid of it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

Unless there's some strange anomaly causing this, it likely means that you simply created three shortcut icons for that program in the same location. If you right-click on the icon and choose rename you can delete the (3) and rename it just as Windows Mail and that should resolve the problem. If it indicate to you that you cannot rename the icon because there's another one of the same name, let us know.

Edited by Eric RBA, 28 April 2009 - 09:54 AM.

I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users