Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows keeps shutting down during long processes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Daghead_*

Guest_Daghead_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:08 AM

This is the second time that, without warning, the screen suddenly faded to black before the computer immediately shut down, while i was in the middle of a drive backup to external drive using Paragon (Paragon SUCKS by the way).

The first time I was away from the computer, the second I was watching a movie. Both times automatic shutdown after backup was, by default, turned off. Also the first time when I tried to turn it back on after the second shut down, the computer was powered only for a second before turning off again.

This has been an obnoxious issue a while ago before, occurring frequently when I was trying to, as I can remember, import a bunch of tapes from my camcorder.

I'm going to initiate another backup after posting this.

Thanks for any help!
Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

Does the Event Viewer give any clues
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Guest_Daghead_*

Guest_Daghead_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

Worked this time :/

I'll check that out, thanks. I did forget to mention that the first time I turned it back on, after getting to my desktop I got a "windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown" dialogue...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users