Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video card driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

Can anyone tell me if video card driver affect temperature of the video card. Because this few weeks my video card heated fast up to 60-75 degree celcius, even if i shutdown the pc 1-2 hours when i turn on again it went to 60 degree celsius. But before my normal temp of video card is around 48-59 degree celsius only. The pc used everyday and shutdown only 1-2 hours within 48hours interval. And we dont have airconditioned. Is this the caused of this heat? or the changing of video card driver to the latest. Because someone told me that, I don't need to update my video card driver if no problem about it. But I took the risk.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:36 PM

any reply please...

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

What do the card specs say...that the recommended operating temp range is?

IMO, some of the software normally used to get temp info...is somewhat faulty, based on systems that probably don't mirror your own.

What are you using to obtain your temperature readings?

FWIW: I suggest that users employ the same rules for both BIOS updates and driver updates. "If it ain't broke, etc."

Neither driver updates nor BIOS updates fall into the same area of consideration...that security updates for the O/S belong in., IMO.

Louis

#4 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

What do the card specs say...that the recommended operating temp range is?

IMO, some of the software normally used to get temp info...is somewhat faulty, based on systems that probably don't mirror your own.

What are you using to obtain your temperature readings?

FWIW: I suggest that users employ the same rules for both BIOS updates and driver updates. "If it ain't broke, etc."

Neither driver updates nor BIOS updates fall into the same area of consideration...that security updates for the O/S belong in., IMO.

Louis

My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS and I used speedfan to obtain temperature readings. You can see below my temp reading when idle:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users