Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard to Find and Very Annoying Problem!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ausrider22

ausrider22

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

Hi guys.

Running XP with SP3. Use Firefox as well.

A problem has developed on this computer. It's hard to explain but please bare with me as it's being so annoying to find the problem and fix.

The biggest problem and EXTREMELY annoying is when the mouse click doesn't seem to work. By this I mean that after every 2-5 clicks or "uses" of the mouse button it doesn't seem to work. I can move it over buttons, tabs, windows etc but I can't get the click to open or register as a button press. I am physically pressing the button on the mouse but the computer isn't picking it up or recognizing it. The shadow or change in link/button when you mouse over them doesn't appear. Also, drop-down boxes and objects like that can't be clicked on or selected.

The only way to get it to work again is to mouse over the pane thing along the task bar down the bottom of the screen and click out of the current window and click back into it. Even then it doesn't work straight away and may require clicking in and out of windows a few times. This problem is so frustrating!

The other minor problem which may have been linked to this possible infection is that I was getting redirected from Google searches. I would click on a result and I would get forwarded to random sites. If I clicked "back" in FF it would return to the result page and I could click as per normal and get taken to the correct link. Also click on the link really quickly and a few times would make sure Firefox would go to where I wanted.

This problem seems to have vanished after running a few different scans, running crap cleaner and removing a few registry entries.

I uninstalled and re-installed Firefox hoping it would fix it but no luck!

Ohh and something interesting to note that occurs with the mouse-click problem. When I unclick out of a window, sometimes a little white box appears where my mouse pointer is. I am trying to make it happen right now so I can take a screen shot and post it up.

Btw, I have ESET Nod32 antivirus, ZoneAlarm Security Suite and constantly run Spybot S&D.

Here's what the little box looks like.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/aus...22/weirdbox.jpg

EDIT: did a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware and found a "backdoor.bot" problem in a startup part of my registry. It got rid of it and I restarted but the problem still remains!

EDIT2: I have been using IE and the problem doesn't seem to exist while browsing with Internet Explorer. How do I remove this problem from Firefox?
Any help would be muchly appreciated!

Edited by ausrider22, 27 April 2009 - 07:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ausrider22

ausrider22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

Bump.

Looking to reformat after this weekend if I can't find a solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users