Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not able to open anti0virus site, microsoft site, window update, any other website beginning with https://

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 anil jain

anil jain

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

Dear Friend,
I am Anil from India. I have recently joined the forum after struggling for a week to stablise my unstable PC. I used to have some Anti Virus software on my pc before few years. But since last few years I was not having any AV software as this PC was not being used for surfing etc.
Since I started to use it again for surfing, downloading etc., I wanted to instal avast AV software. I installed it from some recent installer file with me. But when it tried to update the virus database, I got the message that "can't connect to server". Then I tried to open avast.com. But I again got the error message "The page cannot be displayed". Then I uninstalled the avast and tried to open other antivirus sites like norton, mcafee, avg etc., but all failed.
Then I tried to update my system using automatoc update utility. But again failed. microsoft.com also failed to open.
I use GPRS connection through cellular connection to browse the network.
Now I have downloaded and installed Hijack This.
Log file generated by it as follows:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:06:31 AM, on 4/28/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared\Generic.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Mobile Phone Monitor\epmworker.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sony Ericsson PC Suite] "C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe" /startoptions
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_07\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_07\bin\npjpi142_07.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_07\bin\npjpi142_07.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A6A511B7-E7AE-4925-A165-084AB7E1F3CA}: NameServer = 202.56.250.5 202.56.250.6

--
End of file - 2311 bytes

PLz help me out.
Thanks in advance.

Anil

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:37 AM

Please make sure you disable ALL of your Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall before running ComboFix.. Please visit HERE if you don't know how.. Please re-enable them back after performing all steps given..

Please download ComboFix by sUBs from one of the locations below, and save it to your Desktop.Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.

If ComboFix asked you to install Recovery Console, please do so.. It will be your best interest..

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a fresh HijackThis log in your next reply..

Note: DON'T do anything with your computer while ComboFix is running.. Let ComboFix finishes its job..

Keep calm, make it simple, use your brain, don't freak out, and you'll be just fine..
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.. True story - Barney Stinson
Posted Image Posted Image
Its gonna be legen.. wait for it.. dary! Cherish the pain, it means you're still alive

#3 fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Members
  • 6,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic

Keep calm, make it simple, use your brain, don't freak out, and you'll be just fine..
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.. True story - Barney Stinson
Posted Image Posted Image
Its gonna be legen.. wait for it.. dary! Cherish the pain, it means you're still alive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users