Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any ideas??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 murtman78

murtman78

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:37 AM

Hello all

Been having a few probs since my PC crashed one night and all I was getting was a black screen and error reading 'error loading operating system' totally thought the worst and thought PC was dead! Finally got it to load up after taking side panel off and dusting off MB and HDD, was covered in layer of dust and also one stick of RAM was caked in the stuff - bout 2" of dust. Then turned PC back only to get the message 'OVERCLOCKING or OVERVOLTAGE FAILED' F1 to run setup, F2 to load defaults' and was finally able to load the PC back up (much to my relief)

PC has been running majorly slow though since!!! Also I can't seem to get any sound coming out of my dedicated sound card, so having to used the on board sound!!!!

Any ideas what could have caused all this and do I need to do anything to get it back to the standard was used to?

Colin

(Moderator edit: moved post to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 27 April 2009 - 09:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Worth reading: http://www.motherboardpoint.com/overclocki...ion-t86666.html

My initial thought when reading your post was..."power supply", but I'm certainly no expert at guessing.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%...mp;aq=f&oq=

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users