Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In need of serious help for DLL problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 the6thjakkson

the6thjakkson

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:11 PM

My computer just started acting really strange so i decided to restart it.

When doing so I got the message that said something like the following.

"Windows is unable to start because of a problem in the software reason:
Load needed DLL's for kernal
Please insert disc Or contact your system administrator"

It wasnt exactly like that but thats all I can remeber.

If anyone has a fix to this I would greatly apreciate it, I cannot even log onto my computer anymore it just says this than restarts and says it again in a never ending cycle. I have Windows XP pro and would really love to not have to reinstall it because I fear i've misplaced the disc or left it at home and I'm away at the time being. The only thing i've tried is unplugging it for a complete day which did nothing. It wont allow me to go into safe mode and when the computer starts i hear two short beeps and even shorter beep and then one more short beep which didn't occur before.

Thanks,
Chase B.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:23 PM

Chase, I think you've got a hardware problem. You need to find out what kind of BIOS your system has. Make sure of the number and duration of beeps - they are telling you why your computer won't start. When we know what kind of BIOS it has, we may be able to help you track down where the problem is.

#3 the6thjakkson

the6thjakkson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:23 PM

Thank you for the speedy reply.

Luckily the only thing I can actually log into is the bios. I went to "system information" under the "main tab" and then under the subcategory of "bios" It read.

Version: 08.00.09
Build Date: 8/20/03
ID: P4P81086

At the bottom of the bios screen where it had a little copyright symbol and the name of the company there was this number and letter.

v2.51

I assume this means version 2.51 but I could be wrong.

My mother board is an Asus p4p800 and I have not upgraded the bios since I built this machine.

After some trouble shooting I took the graphics card out, cleaned off some of the dust and replaced it. Starting the computer back up again a new set of beeps occured. This time when I start the machine I hear two identical beeps and then one short, higher beep right after the first two. This makes for three beeps total.

All help is greatly apreciated and if I have not provided you with the correct information on the type of Bios I am running please point me in the correct direction to do so.

Thanks,
Chase B.

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:32 PM

What we actually need is the BIOS brand - like AMI, Phoenix, whatever. I'm guessing AMI.

Here's info on beep codes - I'm betting a memory problem. AMI codes

You can find info on other brands, such as Phoenix, there, too. It doesn't really say much about two regular and one high beep . . .

#5 the6thjakkson

the6thjakkson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:00 AM

Is there a way to test the memory from a bootdisc or floppy?

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:06 PM

Memtest86
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users