Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet disconnection problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sup3rbad69

sup3rbad69

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:44 AM

long story short i play an online mmorpg called knight online much similiar to wow
my internet connection is a prepaid "3" broadband USB modem
since ive had the modem ive had constant problems that disconnect me from the game, theres no lag just an instant disconnection
basically what i want to know is whether its the quality of my internet thats disconnecting me or is it a problem with my computer hardware/software?
not sure what information i need to provide to give you a better understanding of where im coming from but i dont want to go out and buy myself new internet when its my computer that has the problems
if you need the specs of my comp just ask along with how i can find it coz im not the most knowledgeable computer user
any help is much appreciated
ty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

If you have no disconnect problems in any other situation...I suggest that you might check the website requirements and/or forums for such.

Louis

#3 sup3rbad69

sup3rbad69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:45 AM

sorry dont quite understand what your saying :S
my problem doesnt fall under your category of assistance that you provide?
i wasnt sure if anyone could help me with this matter i was just forwarded to this site because i wanted some answers i thought i could gain from here
maybe if i make my question more specific
is there any way for the hardware/software on my computer to affect the reliability/performance of my internet connection?
keeping in mind that im using a prepaid USB modem

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

Well...if the only time your Internet connection fails...is when you play this game online, there's nothing wrong with the connection itself.

Seems like it's a problem with that particular game connection...nothing else. If the modem or the connection software was the problem,it seems to me that you would have problems just getting online or at other websites or doing other activites.

Do you get any error messages when it disconnects?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users