Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Mode

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:12 AM

I see that there is going to be a XP mode in the near future but will only be available in the Professional and ultimate versions.
I sincerely hope it is available in all versions.

regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheStalker

TheStalker

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

i have also been reading about this today here . From what i gather its just a way around compatibility issues .

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/27/windows_7_xp_mode/

#3 RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

Right now, with the RC, people can download and run the XP mode, given their processors can handle the virtualization.

Here's a link to the Microsoft page which should give you all the info you'd ever need about it:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Cheers,
Ron S

Windows Outreach Team

Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

#4 eastbrown

eastbrown

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

Thanks RonS

#5 RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

Thanks RonS

Sure thing! Let me know if you have any other questions about downloading the RC and whatnot.

Cheers,
Ron S

Windows Outreach Team

Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

#6 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:46 PM

Hi Ron,

I have a question about the XP Mode in Windows 7.

There are many applications that we run in the Malware Removal Forums that are incompatible with a 64bit OS. I personally would like to have a 64bit Windows 7 platform but have been a little hesitant due to my work with 32 bit systems. I will not uncommonly run these 32 bit apps on my machine to achieve the desired effect before instructing a user to do the same.

So if I am understanding this correctly...the Virtual Windows XP mode runs as a 32bit OS within Windows 7 64bit so I should be able to test my 32 bit apps there without difficulty and still enjoy the 64 bit platform for my personal use. True?

Thanks for your input,
~ t
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users