Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy for applications

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trivium111

trivium111

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:07 AM

Hi all i was wondering if it was possible to make/force applications use a proxy or something that changes my ip address?

Well its not an application its actually a game - [codebox]www.sa-mp.com[/codebox] - and people say that it has a very sneaky was of getting past programs that hide your ip.

I have tried one program and that was - [codebox]http://hotspotshield.com/[/codebox] - it worked but for the game most of the servers didnt respond because the pings were really bad. Like an aus server (im in NZ) was 600 ping and a us server was just 9999 with no server info, so it didnt respond at all :\.

I have tried many programs like freecap and sockscap and hide my ip etc etc and none of them have worked except for the HotSpotShield and that was a VPN. So i tryed downloading another VPN (was pirated though) but they all said invalid serial so i couldnt use them.

I was wondering if there was a free VPN or program that actually works and takes all of the connections and makes them go through a proxy or something to hide my IP?

Thanks.

Edit: Is this in the right section?

Edited by trivium111, 27 April 2009 - 05:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:20 PM

TOR

#3 trivium111

trivium111
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:12 AM

Thanks for the feedback Amazing Andrew, but i have already tried that. What i did was i downloaded it and then installed etc, it works completely fine in firefox (with torbutton) but the is the only application that doesnt show my real ip address. Oh btw, i have Kaspersky and a couple of days ago i somehow got a virus and there were 3 avp.exe processes when there is only supposed to be two (usually one with my username (Michael) and one under System). And with the extra process that was a virus it was under System and not my username.

What happened was that avp.exe was using 100% CPU (give or take a couple for other programs) but it seemed that it kinda always took 100% CPU, even though it didnt need it. Kinda hard to explain. But to fix it i ran my pc in safe mode and deleted lots and lots of folders with kaspersky and i searched my HD's for avp and i think i have fixed it.

But idc bout that anymore, anyone wanna explain to me how to force samp to go through TOR? (lol there is a fly under my keyboard, in my keys ^.^, htf did it manage to get in there?)

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

To make TOR work with any application (including Firefox, but TORbutton does it for you) you need to specify the proxy address in the applications settings. (Note: not all applications support this.) Simply enter 127.0.0.1:8118 as your proxy server (for HTTP) or 127.0.0.1:9050 for SOCKS.

#5 trivium111

trivium111
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:54 PM

but how do i make these applications go through tor if they dont have settings with proxy options? is there a program that can do this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users