Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connection sharing

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Mansa

Mansa

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

I use my phone as a modem and i want make the connection available for other devices to connect to the internet also using my router but I'm not sure if this is possible or how i can do this so please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trivium111

trivium111

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:21 AM

what type of phone do you have? if you have a Nokia then download nokia pc suite because you can connect to the internet through your phone but idk about letting people share

#3 Mansa

Mansa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

i have a samsung blackjack 2

#4 Mansa

Mansa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

is there a way that this can be done?

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,546 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

According to this article it can, depending on carriers: Wireless Router for your Cell Phone Service

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Mansa

Mansa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

yeah i saw the routers that can go with a cell phone but i'm asking if there's a way for me to do this without having to buy a new router, because i don't really have the money to take a risk and buy a new router.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,546 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:39 PM

No, there is not a way to share bandwidth with others concurrently without a router.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 Mansa

Mansa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

i have a router but i just don';t have one that's compatible with my cell phone to be connected directly.

#9 bama_fan

bama_fan

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

just curious but what other devices would you be sharing this with......
Posted Image

#10 Mansa

Mansa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:29 PM

psp, ps3, DS, and other things maybe

#11 Mansa

Mansa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:42 AM

what i have is a samsung blackjack 2 and i connect that with a usb cable to get my internet connection and what i want to do is share that connection to my router so i can connect other devices to the internet

#12 bama_fan

bama_fan

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:59 AM

is cellular internet service your only option.....
Posted Image

#13 Mansa

Mansa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:32 PM

Right now it is my only current option, and sorry about the late replies. I'm supposed to receive an email when i get a reply to this thread but i'm not getting anything. I know what i'm asking is kind of a headache to try and do but i feel like I'm up to try and do this if i can.

#14 CAV Tech

CAV Tech

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:43 AM

Hello,

Assuming your Blackjack runs Windows Mobile, try the Internet Sharing application.

I run WM Pro on my Touch Pro and it works fine.

You have the options of either using a USB or bluetooth PAN connection.

Also, check out WMWiFiRouter, great application that can turn your WiFi into a hotspot.

Cheers.

#15 Mansa

Mansa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:12 PM

Hello,

Assuming your Blackjack runs Windows Mobile, try the Internet Sharing application.

I run WM Pro on my Touch Pro and it works fine.

You have the options of either using a USB or bluetooth PAN connection.

Also, check out WMWiFiRouter, great application that can turn your WiFi into a hotspot.

Cheers.

My phone does not have wifi capability so i can't use WMwifirouter and yes my phone has windows mobile 6 i believe. I'm unsure of how to do a bluetooth PAN if i can even do one on this phone, but what i'm trying to do now is take the connection i have now and share it with other devices so i can connect them to the internet.

Edited by Mansa, 19 May 2009 - 06:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users