Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Drivers Not Installed on a Fresh Install of XP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sykotik

Sykotik

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:45 PM

Hello all! Well, I have here a slightly new problem. I was able to wipe a harddrive clean and installed a fresh OEM copy of Win XP Home SP3. Install went just fine, it loads, everything is perfect...EXCEPT...for some reason it did not install some drivers and I'm not sure if I should just go and download the drivers to a flash drive (from another computer) to install it on the "new" HDD. The tricky part is that the ethernet controller is one of the drivers that was not installed, amongst MANY others.
The system is as follows
Dell Optiplex GX270
BIOS version A07
Intel Celeron 2.20 GHz
256 MB RAM
Fresh install of Windows XP Home SP3 (OEM version)

I can give a total list of the drivers if someone would like to see them. I warn you it is a lengthy list though!
Thanks for any opinions!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

Go to the dell website and type in the Service ID tag number and download all the drivers for the system. Your Assumption was correct :thumbsup:

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Sykotik

Sykotik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

AWESOME! That worked perfectly! Thanks for the reassurance that what I was thinking was correct!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users