Thank you very much for any help in removing this idiotic virus from my comp. I am having a lot of problems because of a stupid Vundo virus on my computer. My comp may also have a BHO Trojan, but I'm not certain.
I've scanned my computer so many times with Spybot, Search and Destroy, MalwareBytes, Ad-Aware, AVG 8.5, CCleaner, McAfee, etc.! Those programs got rid of most of the virus. Everytime I've scanned since, they all come back negative for any viruses/spyware, yet I'm still having issues with some programs.
These are the programs that are still acting weird because of Vundo/BHO:
(Note: Hotmail still works on Firefox -- just not IE8.)
2) AOL Instant Messenger: Opens for one second, then closes. I've uninstalled AIM, re-installed it -- nothing works. Can't use program at all.
3) Windows Media Player: Won't open at all.
4) Windows Vista Sidebar: Doesn't work right; none of the gadgets show up.
5) Windows Defender: Won't open up at startup.
6) Yahoo Instant Messenger: It does work. But when I click on someone to chat with and type something into the chat box, I can't view any text at all. If they IM me, I can't see the text they write.
Please help me. I don't want to reformat my hard drive, but I'm not sure what else to do.
Also, I'm currently using an Acer Aspire 5100 with Windows Vista 32-bit. I'm able to use Vista fine in Normal Mode -- I don't have to use Safe Mode.
Edited by Nick K., 26 April 2009 - 07:51 PM.