Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

backdoor.Win32.Agent.afpk clean-up help needed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jaygs

jaygs

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

I'm running a Pentium 4, Win XP Pro SP3, with Norton, and ZoneAlrm. I got infected by backdoor.Win32.Agent.afpk (I assume) since it got picked up on a full scan. Since then I was unable to start a command window or run regedit from the START-Run menu. Thunderbird doesn't talk to the server very well, though I can send email. Vuze/Azureus can talk to the tracker, but not to peers or seeds. Some downloads get blocked, like the BIOS update from Dell.

I ran BIOS update, ZoneAlarm, Registry Mechanic, MalwareByte, Dr. Web, Spybot and a couple others. Nothing seemed to make a difference, even if it found something. Someone suggested comboFix, so i ran it, and now I can get a command window and run regedit, but everything is still not well. If someone can tell me what to do from here, that would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PCFanboy52

PCFanboy52

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

Uh oh, I think you got the Sub7 Infection. That means an unauthorized user is using your computer. Spying on you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users