Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"directitfast.com/seneka/engine..."

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 shook81

shook81

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

So I have ran a bunch of diagnostics, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, SuperAnti-Spyware...and while they cleaned up the Varundo Trojan I had, this annoying DNS/page re-direct is still persistent. My Avast! shield is able to keep it from re-directing, or popping up...but I still have weird redirects (pages I obvious did not click to go to) and slow internet reactions at times.

Any help you could provide with this would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my DDS file:

<deleted>

Edited by shook81, 26 April 2009 - 11:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shook81

shook81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

No ideas? I've updated the definition files on Ad-Aware, Avast, Malwarebytes, and SuperAntiSpy. Nothing found, yet the problem persists...

#3 shook81

shook81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:06 PM

No need. I was able to remedy the problem myself. I turned off the system restore (where I believe the remnants were hiding), and re-ran Ad-Aware and SAS. SAS located and successfully removed them.

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the &quot;Logic Free Zone&quot;, in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:39 AM

Thanks for informing us.
Good Luck.

This Topic is closed.

Should you need it reopened, please contact a Forum Moderator. Include the address of this thread in your request.

If you have a new issue, please start a New Topic.

This applies only to the original poster. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

R,
K
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users