Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need a new Power Supply! i dont know which one :(

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 miked79

miked79

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

I have a sony Vaio rx 660. Its an old computer but i like it. And i need a new power supply could someone link me a power supply that would be compatible with it? Cheaper the better. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miked79

miked79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

its this computer. http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-doc...pl?mdl=PCVRX660

will this work with it? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...amp;CatId=1077#

Thanks.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

In the land of power supplies, you get what you paid for. The power supply you need differs based on what is installed. Typically, if you have a powerful graphics card you need a powerful power supply. If you use on-board or a lower performing graphics card, you don't need much. Given the age of the PC, you would be better off saving your money and getting a new PC. There are several quality power supply manufacturers around that you should consider. They are, Corsair, Silverstone, PC Power, and OCZ. That said, there are a number of options open to you. From the list below, I would get the Corsair since it is modular, provides more power, and is roughly the same cost when the mail-in rebate is applied.

CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W
PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS370X 370W
SILVERSTONE ST350 350W

3939.png

#4 miked79

miked79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:41 PM