Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong with my computer? :(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cossard

cossard

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:35 PM

* I posted this in the XP forum and someone referred me here *

It was running really slowly and I kept getting popups everywhere so I ran several scans (Malwarebytes, Hijackthis, and CommandFix - I know this last one can be dangerous but my computer seemed to be fine) last night. The popups were gone and my computer started running properly again. Then as I was clicking around different sites an Adobe loading window popped up (this is what happened right before I got a virus last time so I guess it's some sort of spyware/adware?) and then my computer was running slowly again. I went into safemode this morning and ran anti-virus programs again and ever since then I've been encountering these error messages. My computer is still unbearably slow loading webpages. Also when I close out of firefox and then open it back up and go to whatever site I was jsut logged into, my account isn't signed in anymore even if I clicked "remember me on this computer". Can anyone please tell me what is wrong and how it could be fixed?

This window comes up whenever I turn on my computer. It's been there since I ran safemode this morning. If I just click through OK then it will let me into my account.
Posted Image

This is one of the error messages that pops up once my account is running.
Posted Image

A bunch of programs are now displayed with these little blue boxes when they didn't used to be. It's on things like the VLC Media Player as well, not just Windows-issued programs.
Posted Image

Here's what comes up when I click on the programs displayed with a blue box.
Posted Image

Thanks so much for any help you can give. I'm kind of lost. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cossard

cossard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

I just no have realized that whatever this virus has also disabled every anti-virus program on my computer so when i click on one it gets a similar error message to the WMP one. I REALLY need help. :thumbsup:

#3 cossard

cossard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:52 PM

and just now I realized that it's affected the printer spooler function somehow so I can't use my printer at all..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users